Turkey Day +2
Now I remember why Monopoly isn't my favorite game. I suck at monopoly.
We hadn't been playing games for awhile as an extended family. When all the nieces and nephews were little it was hard: it seemed like one ALWAYS was having trouble going to sleep and had to be rocked or soothed or taken around the block in the car. Then there was always one or two or six wanting to play with us and that limited options. But now that they're all over ten, we're back to playing (with them, of course).
Last big gathering we played Apples to Apples. It's a word comparison game and I highly recommend it. It works well on many different levels. We played it with an age group ranging from 10-75 and everyone had a blast.
The family that brought Apples to Apples last time forgot it this time. Monopoly was the choice this weekend. Ten people playing the game is pushing it pretty hard, and I made some bad deals. I was out first. We had started at 8:00 p.m., I was out by 10:15, and they were still going strong at midnight, when I had to leave.
I better go buy an "Apples to Apples" game. I suck at Monopoly.
What is your favorite/suckiest game?